Thursday 13 December 2007

Christmas Angel

A quick post today to blog a couple of projects (I only have five minutes to do this!). The first is a bauble I've painted to be a present for Mum:





I'm quite pleased with it. It has gold stars and says 'blessings at Christmas' on the other side. Any painters reading may note a strong JoSonja influence.


As I'm not a wage-earner, thoroughly dependent on charity from my WM, I decided to knit him some socks as well as order the gooseberry bushes he's asked for (and will have to pay for himself!). So I found a lovely free pattern on Ravelry for 'Gentleman's Socks' and have made the following progress on the first:



If you look closely you'll see that it has a slanting rib, and eye of partridge stitrch on the heel.
Toodlepip - son and nephew to collect from nursery!

No comments: