Thursday 27 December 2007

On The Third Day of Christmas

'Spinningmaid wrote a blog!
Two finished socks,
and a right load of family!'

These are the socks, modelled by the Fabulous Dave for whom they were knit with lots of love:



The 'load of family' came for Christmas Day - eighteen of us altogether! Daniel was sous-chef, assisting me to create a fabulous dinner (goose, Yorkshires, roast potetoes and parsnips, sprouts and carrots, spiced apples, vegetarian pie, two gravies, and of course Christmas Pudding with Remy Martin sauce - yum yum yum!).

Pressies? I got the Harmony needles set I had asked for, and 'Victorian Lace Today' (fantastic book), and 'Charmed Knits' (lots of fun), plus the usual smellies!

And now I'm off to finally allow myself the pleasure of casting on the Admiral fairisle socks I've been itching to start since I got the yarn at the Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate.

I apologise for letting the blog slip somewhat during advent. (I'm sure all mothers will understand this!)

No comments: